Yet, Love, Mere Love, Is Beautiful Indeed Love Poem

 

Yet, Love, Mere Love, Is Beautiful Indeed Love Poem

Yet, Love, Mere Love, Is Beautiful Indeed Love Poem in English

Yet, love, mere love, is beautiful indeed
And worthy of acceptation. Fire is bright, 
Let temple burn, or flax; an equal light 
Leaps in the flame from cedar-plank or weed: 
And love is fire. And when I say at need 
I love thee . . . mark! . . . I love thee—in thy sight 
I stand transfigured, glorified aright, 
With conscience of the new rays that proceed


Out of my face toward thine. There's nothing low 
In love, when love the lowest: meanest creatures 
Who love God, God accepts while loving so. 
And what I feel, across the inferior features 
Of what I am, doth flash itself, and show 
How that great work of Love enhances Nature's.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Post a Comment

Dear Visitor, how did you like this post? If you like this post, please share it with your friends and Express your valuable opinion. Don't write spam comment here. Thanks

Previous Post Next Post

Popular Posts